Gina Rosas Moncada is an illustrator and graphic designer born in Bogotá, Colombia. During her career in Visual Arts, she started working as art director in several advertising agencies for more than 4 years. She is currently studying illustration at the University of Applied Sciences of Hamburg (HAW Hamburg), where she also works on illustration and design projects.
Her work has been selected this year for the most important Children's illustration fair in Bologna- Italy, being the only Colombian in this event.
Her work has been characterized by using different techniques of drawing, collage, printing and a special taste for traditional printing techniques such as aquatint and etching, all in a very experimental way.
Thanks to her roots and personality, her work reflects the taste for the use of a vibrant and very striking chromatic palette, which makes her a unique illustrator.
Photo by Andrés Oyuela
- 2019 - Excellence Scholarship for foreign students, HAW Hamburg- DAAD
- 2018 - Selected illustrator at “Latin American Illustration 7”
- 2018 - Selected illustrator at " Pitti Immagine Bimbo"
- 2018 - Selected illustrator at "Bologna Children's Book Fair's Exhibition" and Catalogue.
- 2017 - Selected illustrator at "Hiii Illustration" 2017 International Competition.